Ready Mix Driver - Tucson & Suburbs
A ready mix truck driver is responsible for the safe & efficient delivery of concrete and other related products to our customers in both rural and urban environments in all weather conditions. The driver position is at medium physical demand level and requires frequent climbing in and out of the truck, frequent ascending and descending of ladders/stairs along with:
• Thorough DOT Pre and Post trip inspections which include raising and lowering of the hood.
Carefully reading and understanding the delivery ticket to ensure the correct product is delivered to the right location.
• Lifting, carrying and loading extra items for delivery to the customer. These may include heavy bags of calcium chloride, fibers, color bags and bundles of expansion joint.
• Driving to the customer’s job site, unloading the concrete and then driving back to the yard several times a day; using both manual and automatic transmissions. Driving time for each load can vary from a few minutes to over an hour.
• Walking, climbing and standing on uneven, muddy or frozen job sites in both daylight and after dark. Lifting, carrying and attaching large metal chute extensions to the truck – often on difficult terrain.
Communicating effectively with customers and dispatch while representing the company in a professional manner.
• Keeping the truck in a clean condition, including washing down after loading and unloading the concrete.
• Performing other work as assigned by management including shoveling, sweeping or cleaning.
A driver is required to possess either a Class A or a Class B CDL with airbrakes endorsement, as well as maintain a current medical certificate.